Sunday 26 January 2014

2 years old!

Where does the time go?  Really can't believe that my youngest great-niece Betsy Blossom will be two on Tuesday.  (Nor that my eldest great niece will be 19 in April), talk about make you feel old!  

However, thought I'd share the card I made for Betsy using a freebie stamp from Papercraft Essentials.      It was so easy to colour and I used promarkers and blended three colours of pink (sorry cannot remember which ones!), don't often have much luck with blending, but watched a couple of tutorials on you tube and then gave it another go.  

The background was made from Inkydoodles 'Country Checks' background stamps, using two shades of Memento ink pads,  They're very easy stamps to use and I find it quite therapeutic filling in the squares with hearts etc.   

The flower is made from the Heartfelt Creations Sunburst stamp and die and again coloured in with Promarkers.  The square greeting is also part of the 'freebie' set.

I was going to put a number '2' on the bottom right hand corner, but with the oval shape next to it, it looked too much like an advert for O2 so I used my Clarity alphabet instead and spelt the number in letters and hung it as a banner top left,

I was pretty happy with this card and hopefully Betsy was too (although at that age don't think cards really hold their attention for that long lol.). 


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Love the gorgeous image and beautiful papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Trudi, what little girl wouldn't love it? Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to view my blog x