Saturday 31 August 2013

35 years!

Thought it was time to update my blog and share with you a card I was asked to make for a friend for his wife on their anniversary.  They have been married 35 years and are still madly deeply in love.  I admire anyone who can be after all that time (sorry don't mean to sound cynical! but I could only manage 10 years of marriage, well I could have managed more if my husband hadn't decided the grass was greener on the other side!!!). Anyway, that's all in the past and now I have a partner of 18 years (that's the time we've known each other not his age!!!! I should be so lucky....). We've lived together twelve and it works very well - he has his hobbies and I have mine and as long as we meet in the middle sometimes (ooh misses!) we're quite happy.

Anyway, enough waffling, for all you card makers out there lets get back to the card.

Once again I've used an 8x8 card, covered in rose pink and white pearlescent card.  I used the grand square nesties and the spellbinders border and edgeabilites dies.  I used the Inkylicious 'delicate vines' stamp which is great for backgrounds, very versatile, whatever the occasion and embossed it in Wow embossing powder.  The rest is self explanatory really.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, but please leave a comment so that I know you've popped by.  Thanks.  Off to make the box to put it in now - that should be fun.......


1 comment:

  1. Lol! Great blog post, I enjoyed reading it, made me laugh! Beautiful card, lovely colours, and how amazing they still are lovey dovey after 35 years xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to view my blog x